Bush Radio is recruiting children and youth aged 6 – 18 years (or grade 1 – 11) to be trained as volunteer presenters and producers for our media project; Children’s Radio Education Workshop (CREW). CREW has been running since 1996 and celebrates it’s 21st Anniversary in 2017.
As part of this project, children are taught to research, produce and present their own radio programmes.
The programme is divided into three age groups and is on air every Saturday from 09h00 – 12h00.
We are using the following as criteria for selection and participation:
- Age (must be between 6 – 18 years old or Grade 1-11)
- Gender (balance between male and female)
- Language capabilities (English, Afrikaans and Xhosa speakers)
- Geographical area they live in (Greater Cape Town + Cape Flats)
- The willingness and ability to participate weekly as well cover their own transport costs to and from Bush Radio
- Adherence to CREW code of conduct
- Participants must provide their own packed lunch
- Weekly attendance is compulsory from 08h00 – 12h00
- Parent/Guardian participation in activities
- Selected participants must be available for a training session on Wednesday, 12 April 2017
Download application form (includes indemnity form in case selected) and email to email@example.com / fax to 021 448 5451
Closing date: Monday 10 April 2017 at 16h00, and only 30 children will be selected.
PARENTS: Read more about the philosophy and broad aims of CREW:- Bush Radio’s CREW project: growing with media education