- Are you interested in helping develop Bush Radio’s newsroom?
- Are we covering the right stories? Are we delivering news/it in the right way?
- Is it news that our audience can use? Do you have basic managerial and editorial skills?
Then Bush Radio 89.5FM has a position for you as a newsroom co-ordinator.
We are looking for a dynamic, driven, hardworking and enthusiastic individual with a flair for, and the basic understanding of the running of a newsroom who is willing to be mentored to help develop Bush Radio’s newsroom: in terms of policy, content, delivery (reading) editing and networking.
In return Bush Radio will offer the candidate access to local and international training as it becomes available, as well as mentoring by senior Bush Radio management in order for the candidate to develop into a fully fledge radio news editor.
Duties will include: Ensuring that Bush Radio adhere’s to its newsroom polices, that content is developed to meet these requirements, ensure that all content published by the newsroom (ie bulletins, online articles, current affairs, features) are of a high and constantly improving quality.
- No formal journalism or media qualification is a requirement but would aid application.
- An excellent command of English and a good general knowledge is a requirement as well as the command of one other language Bush Radio broadcasts in (Afrikaans or Xhosa)
- Experience in working in a newsroom would be an asset.
- This is a full time contract position (1 year contract after 6 months’ probation)
- Salary R 4 500 to R 6 000 based on skill level and experience.
- Cape Town based
- Application deadline: 17h00 on Wednesday, 26 August 2015
- Only email applications will be accepted.
- Send your application with the subject line: News Co-ordinator 2015 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application must include:
- detailed CV
- A motivation letter, including basic ideas on what you think community radio’s news priorities should be, as well as some detail on how you would transform the current news on Bush Radio 89.5FM.
- 3 contactable references