Bush Radio 89.5 FM is inviting interested individuals and organisations to submit programme application proposals to develop volunteer radio programmes under the following broad subject areas:
- Aged / seniors
- Citizen’s Education
- Arts and Culture
- World Music
Programme proposals should have a specific aim, a defined target audience and be focused on specific issues/themes under the subject area.
No previous broadcasting experience is required to submit a proposal as Bush Radio will provide the necessary training and support should your proposal be selected for development.
What are we looking for in your proposal?
- Potential – not only in ideas, but in people.
- Programming produced by groups, not individuals
- Local content and roots in the listening community
- A diversity of grassroots voices, languages and accents from all over Cape Town
- Identifies an audience that it wishes to serve
- Respects its audience
- Commitment to the concept of volunteerism
- Puts a premium on local (ie Cape Town) content
- Contributes to meeting our regulatory obligations
How to apply?
Download the Bush Radio Programme Application Form.
Completed application must be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – only emailed applications will be accepted.
The subject line of the email must read as the following example: Programming 2015 Subject Area: Gender
The deadline for submission of proposals: 25 January 2015
Only proposals accepted for potential development will be contacted for more information or follow-up.