Bush Radio 89.5FM has a vacancy for an energetic and organised Senior Administrative Assistant (see full criteria + job description below).
Application must include a detailed CV, with a minimum of 3 contactable references.
Application deadline: 16:00 on Friday, 8th November 2013.
Applications can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and should state: Senior Administrative Assistant Application 2013 in the subject line. No telephonic enquiries will be accepted.
Applicants not contacted within two weeks after the closing date should consider their applications unsuccessful. Bush Radio reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Position: Senior Administrative Assistant
Salary ranges from R60,000 – R84,000 per year depending on experience.
• Computer literacy (Word, Excel, Turbocash/Pastel and internet / email) • Excellent reading and writing skills in English and Afrikaans or Xhosa • Strong interpersonal and communication skills • Strong administrative and financial skills
• 3 years prior experience in administration and finance (NGO or commercial environment) • Prior experience on SARS e-filing
• Ability to work under pressurised conditions • Ability to adhere to deadlines • Ability to work within a team
Key Performance Areas:
– Stationery purchase and distribution
– Do filing and updating of files
– Ensure fixing of equipment
– Record keeping
– Liaise with stakeholders, clients and funders
– Report writing
– Petty cash
– Prepare financial books to trial balance (using Turbocash/Pastel)
– Draft financial reports for the Station Manager
– Bank reconciliation
– Record keeping
– Account payments and debt collections
– Prepare and monitor budgets
– Write proposals and reports to funders
– Do all statutory returns, such as VAT, PAYE, SDL, and UIF
– Keep and update all personnel records
– Do work-schedules and make sure staff is on duty
– Deal with all statutory requirements
– Deal with advertising queries
– Receive advertising schedules and reconcile with payments
– Check advertising schedules and make sure that all material is at Bush Radio