Bush Radio’s mid morning programme The Morning Cruise (9am to 12pm) requires an intern to help produce and present the programme on a daily basis.
The internship is voluntary but a transport allowance of no more than R 1000 per month will be offered.
As an on-air producer intern you will be required to be available before, during and after the programme to assist with production duties (8am – 4pm, Mon – Fri).
Requirements and Personal attributes:
* Professional, attention to detail, good time management, willing to learn all aspects of broadcasting, be creative, a people’s person, be articulate and a team player.
** Fluent in Afrikaans (does not have to be formal Afrikaans, jy moet die taal kan gooi)and one other official language.
*** The ideal volunteer for this position would be someone who is on a “gap year” or someone looking at gaining experience in the radio broadcasting industry.
* generate interviews and new show ideas
* Compile daily features
* Set up interview questions for each interview
* Liaise with guest and host of show
* Take photos/video of guest/interviews/events
* Promote the show via facebook/twitter etc
* Work in a team to produce the programme
* Present segments of the programme.
Your application MUST include the following:
1. A motivational letter in Afrikaans (500 words maximum)
2. A detailed CV with 2 contactable references.
E-mail application to: firstname.lastname@example.org – Subject line: Morning Cruise 2013
Application deadline: Friday 22 February 2013 @ 2pm
Only short listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence will be entered into.