Two Bush Radio week-day programmes; The Morning Cruise (9am to 12pm) and Backchat (2pm to 4pm) require volunteers to help prepare the programmes on a daily basis.
The volunteer producer positions are voluntary with no pay or stipend.
If you are interested in applying to become part of the programme we encourage you to listen to the show and indicate in your application which programme you would like to assist with.
As a volunteer on-air producer you will be required to be available before, during and after the programme to assist with production duties.
Professional, attention to detail, time management, eager to learn, willing to learn all aspects of broadcasting, be creative, a people’s person, be articulate and a team player.
The ideal volunteer for this position would be someone who is on a “gap year” or someone looking at gaining experience in the radio broadcasting industry.
- provide interviews daily for show
- generate interviews and new show ideas
- Compile daily features
- Set up interview questions for each interview
- Liaise with guest and host of show
- Take photos/video of guest/interviews/events
- Promote the show via facebook/twitter etc
- Work closely with host of show
- Present certain segments of the show either with or without host.
Your application MUST include the following:
1. A motivational letter of (500 words maximum)
2. CV with 2 contactable references.
3. Indication of which programme (Morning Cruise/Backchat) you would like to assist with.
E-mail application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application deadline: 5 April 2011
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.