Bush Radio, in partnership with the National Electronic Media Institute of South Africa (NEMISA), is conducting a part-time course in radio journalism from January to April 2011.
We are inviting applicants from community radio sector in the Western Cape that have an interest in news and current affairs, to apply for this course.
The programme will achieve the following outcomes:
• Recording sound in studio and from location
• Collecting information for journalistic use
• Interview for journalistic purposes
• Presenting a journalistic story
• Report for a variety of journalistic purposes
• Operating studio equipment for production
DURATION OF COURSE:
The duration of the course will be 12 weeks (One and a half days a week), and sessions will be every Tuesday and Saturday.
VENUE: Bush Radio, 330 Victoria Road, Salt River, 7925
COST: No charge for tuition, training and materials as this training is sponsored by MAPPP-SETA. Successful candidates will pay a registration fee of R200.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION:
• Candidates must have a Matric or Grade 12 Certificate
• Must be unemployed volunteers for any Community radio station in the Western Cape
• Must be computer literate
• Must be available to attend an open day on the Thursday, 2 December 2010
• If selected, must be available to attend compulsory induction programme from the 13 – 17 December 2010 (includes 16th December).
HOW TO APPLY?
In order for your application to be considered, all applications must include the following documents:
– completed application form (DOWNLOAD HERE)
– copy of your matric certificate
– a signed reference letter from the station indicating your involvement
E-mail your documents to: email@example.com or fax to: 021 – 448 5451
Please call 021 448 5450 to confirm that all your documents were received in good order.
DEADLINE: Tuesday, 23rd November 2010
No late applications will be accepted. Limited place is available, so get in your application today!
For more information, contact Sharon Salies on 021 448 5450.